Desperate Duchesses (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Desperate Duchesses series.
- #2: An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses #2) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #3: Duchess By Night (Desperate Duchesses #3) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #4: When the Duke Returns (Desperate Duchesses #4) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #5: This Duchess of Mine (Desperate Duchesses #5) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #6: A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses #6) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #7: Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $17.79
- #8: Four Nights with the Duke (Desperate Duchesses #8) (Mass Market): $7.59
- #9: Seven Minutes in Heaven (Desperate Duchesses #9) (Compact Disc): $37.99
Welcome to a world of reckless sensuality and glittering sophistication . . . of dangerously handsome gentlemen and young ladies longing to gain a title . . . of games played for high stakes, including—on occasion—a lady's virtue.
A marquess's sheltered only daughter, Lady Roberta St. Giles falls in love with a man she glimpses across a crowded ballroom: a duke, a game player of consummate skill, a notorious rakehell who shows no interest in marriage—until he lays eyes on Roberta.
Yet the Earl of Gryffyn knows too well that the price required to gain a coronet is often too high. Damon Reeve, the earl, is determined to protect the exquisite Roberta from chasing after the wrong destiny.
Can Damon entice her into a high-stakes game of his own, even if his heart is likely to be lost in the venture?
About the Author
Eloisa James is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling author and professor of English literature, who lives with her family in New York, but can sometimes be found in Paris or Italy. She is the mother of two and, in a particularly delicious irony for a romance writer, is married to a genuine Italian knight. Visit her at www.eloisajames.com.