A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses #6) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Desperate Duchesses series.
- #1: Desperate Duchesses (Mass Market): $8.54
- #2: An Affair Before Christmas (Desperate Duchesses #2) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #3: Duchess By Night (Desperate Duchesses #3) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #4: When the Duke Returns (Desperate Duchesses #4) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #5: This Duchess of Mine (Desperate Duchesses #5) (Mass Market): $8.54
- #7: Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $17.79
- #8: Four Nights with the Duke (Desperate Duchesses #8) (Mass Market): $7.59
- #9: Seven Minutes in Heaven (Desperate Duchesses #9) (Compact Disc): $37.99
A duke must choose wisely . . .
Leopold Dautry, the notorious Duke of Villiers, must wed quickly and nobly—and his choices, alas, are few. The Duke of Montague's daughter, Eleanor, is exquisitely beautiful and fiercely intelligent. Villiers betroths himself to her without further ado.
After all, no other woman really qualifies. Lisette, the outspoken daughter of the Duke of Gilner, cares nothing for clothing or decorum. She's engaged to another man, and doesn't give a fig for status or title. Half the ton believes Lisette mad—and Villiers is inclined to agree.
Torn between logic and passion, between intelligence and imagination, Villiers finds himself drawn to the very edge of impropriety. But it is not until he's in a duel to the death, fighting for the reputation of the woman he loves, that Villiers finally realizes that the greatest risk may not be in the dueling field . . .
But in the bedroom. And the heart.
About the Author
Eloisa James is a USA Today and New York Times bestselling author and professor of English literature, who lives with her family in New York, but can sometimes be found in Paris or Italy. She is the mother of two and, in a particularly delicious irony for a romance writer, is married to a genuine Italian knight. Visit her at www.eloisajames.com.