Handbook of Spirituality, Religion, and Mental Health (Paperback)
This item is backordered and not currently available. Please contact us for an estimated availability date.
Handbook of Religion and Mental Health, Second Edition, identifies not only whether religion and spirituality influence mental health and vice versa, but also how and for whom. The contents have been re-organized to speak specifically to categories of disorders in the first part of the book and then more broadly to life satisfaction issues in the latter sections. This updated edition is now revised with new chapters and new contributors.
- Discusses spirituality/religion over the lifespan, including children, adults and geriatric populations
- Includes the neurobiology pf spiritual and religious experiences and feelings
- Reviews both positive and negative effects of religion/spirituality on mental health
- Covers all major religions
- Speaks to major categories of mental disorders as well as physical health