What I Thought Was True (Paperback)
List Price: $10.99
Our Price: $10.44
(Save: $0.55 5%)
The eagerly anticipated follow-up to My Life Next Door is a magnetic, push-me-pull-me summer romance for fans of Sarah Dessen and Jenny Han.
17-year-old Gwen Castle's Biggest Mistake Ever, Cassidy Somers, is slumming it as a yard boy on her Nantucket-esque island this summer. He's a rich kid from across the bridge in Stony Bay, and she hails from a family of fishermen and housecleaners to her island's summer population. Gwen dreams of getting off the island, and a summer job working for one of the elderly residents might just be her ticket to the good life. But what will it mean for Gwen's now life? Sparks fly and secret histories unspool as Gwen spends a gorgeous, restless summer struggling to come to terms with what she thought was true—about the place she lives, the people she loves, and even herself—and figure out what really is.
About the Author
Huntley Fitzpatrick has always wanted to be writer, ever since growing up in a small, coastal, Connecticut town much like the Stony Bay of her novels. After college she worked in many fields, including academic publishing and as an editor at Harlequin, so she knows from romance. Huntley is currently a full time writer, wife, and mom to six children.
* "Fitzpatrick (My Life Next Door) once again evokes the dizzying heights of adolescent passion while remaining down-to-earth."--Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Girls looking for a Sarah Dessen-esque romance that is a cut above the usual . . . will be delighted with Fitzpatrick's fast-paced What I Thought Was True."--VOYA
"A steamy and very believable account of how it feels to discover how important it is to take responsibility for oneself and the decisions that shape one's life. A must for collections that can't keep Sarah Dessen, Stephanie Perkins, or YA summer romance titles on the shelves."--Booklist
"Much deeper than the pretty cover lets on."--Kirkus Reviews
"A beautiful story of first love."--School Library Journal — various
PRAISE FOR MY LIFE NEXT DOOR:
- "Fitzpatrick's excellent first novel movingly captures the intensity of first love [and] the corrupting forces of power..." (Publishers Weekly, starred review)
- "Samantha and Jase have chemistry that crackles: it's the novel's tender, awkward, sexy, dizzy-happy portrayal of first love that really makes it soar." (Horn Book)
- "The characters are dynamic and realistic. Strong narrative pacing adds to the whole sun-kissed package, which is on par with authors such as Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti." (School Library Journal)
- "An almost perfect summer romance...[that] will have every girl who reads the novel wishing for a Jase of her own." (Kirkus Reviews)
- "Fitzpatrick perfectly captures the heady joys of first love while still dealing with everyday realities" (VOYA)
- "Jase and Samantha have a heart-warming romance every girl will envy." (Simone Elkeles, New York Times bestselling author of the Perfect Chemistry series)
- "A wonderful read that will connect with your heart -- guaranteed!" (Lurlene McDaniel, bestselling author of Heart to Heart)
- "One of the best books I read this past year. . . . Wonderful, uplifting and beautifully written." (Kristan Higgins, New York Times bestselling author)
- "A summer romance with depth." (The Boston Sunday Globe)
- Best First Book Finalist for the Romance Writers of America RITA Awards