Life Lessons from Acts: Christ's Church in the World (Paperback)
As you read the book of Acts, you may wonder: are these the same disciples I read about in the gospels? The ones who doubted in Galilee and ran for their lives in Gethsemane? The answer is: no. They are different. The Spirit dwells within them. And what God did for them, he longs to do for you.
Join beloved author Max Lucado as he walks the roads of Acts--the amazing account of God's active Spirit among his servants and Christ's Church spreading to the world. As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of Acts, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- The foundations of the early church established in the aftermath of Jesus' resurrection and ascension.
- The Holy Spirit empowered the disciples to spread the gospel into the world as Jesus commanded.
- The first struggle of the gospel was to stand independently of Jewish tradition and faith.
- The sacrifice Jesus made was for all people.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
About the Author
With more than 130 million products in print, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy.