Pizza Party: The Carver Chronicles, Book Six (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the The Carver Chronicles series.
- #1: Dog Days Rtt Edition: The Carver Chronicles, Book One (Paperback): $6.64
- #2: Skateboard Party: The Carver Chronicles, Book Two (Paperback): $5.94
- #3: ¡no Alimentes A Los Gecos!: Don't Feed the Geckos! (Spanish edition) (The Carver Chronicles #3) (Paperback): $5.69
- #4: Trouble Next Door: The Carver Chronicles, Book Four (Paperback): $5.94
- #5: The New Kid: The Carver Chronicles, Book Five (Paperback): $5.94
A new title in a chapter book series featuring African American and Latino boys that’s full of kid-friendly charm and universal appeal
Third-grader Richard and his friends are just four days away from setting a record for excellent behavior and earning a classroom pizza party when disaster strikes—their beloved teacher is out sick, and the strictest, meanest substitute has taken her place! Will their dreams of pizza be dashed when the sub suspects that some of them have been cheating?
This gently humorous installment in a chapter book series about a diverse group of elementary schoolers by Coretta Scott King honoree Karen English offers spot-on storytelling, relatable characters and situations, and plenty of action.
About the Author
Karen English is a Coretta Scott King Honor Award-winner and the author of It All Comes Down to This, a Kirkus Prize Finalist, as well as the Nikki and Deja and The Carver Chronicles series. Her novels have been praised for their accessible writing, authentic characters, and satisfying storylines. She is a former elementary school teacher and lives in Los Angeles, California.
Laura Freeman has illustrated several books for young readers, including the Nikki and Deja and Carver Chronicles series, and Natalie's Hair Was Wild, which she also wrote. Laura grew up in New York City, and now lives in Atlanta, Georgia, with her husband and two children. www.lfreemanart.com Instagram: @laurafreemanart Twitter: @LauraFreemanArt.