Sustainability in the Hospitality Industry: Principles of Sustainable Operations (Paperback)
This foundational textbook investigates the economic, environmental and social sustainability issues facing the hospitality industry today, and explores ideas, solutions and strategies of how to manage operations in a sustainable way.
This updated fourth edition features new content including:
- Research on nature-based solutions and zero-carbon approaches in facilities, technologies for energy, water and waste management, changes in consumer behaviour, and environmental and social impacts of food production
- A new chapter on employees, diversity, inclusion and well-being in the industry
- A new chapter on the challenges of operating in the Global South
- More than 100 international industry case studies and focused info boxes
- New practical exercises, discussion questions and research project ideas based on real-life sustainability scenarios
Accessible and comprehensive, this book is essential reading for all students as well as current and future managers in the hospitality industry.
About the Author
Willy Legrand, Professor, Department of Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management, IU International University of Applied Sciences, Bonn, Germany.Joseph S. Chen, Professor, Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management, Department of Health & Wellness Design, School of Public Health, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA.Gabriel C. M. Laeis Professor, Department of Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management, IU International University of Applied Sciences, Bonn, Germany.