Book of the Dead: Scarpetta (Book 15) (Paperback)
List Price: $9.99
Our Price: $8.49
(Save: $1.50 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the Scarpetta series.
- #1: Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta #1) (Mass Market): $8.49
- #2: Body of Evidence: Scarpetta 2 (Kay Scarpetta #2) (Mass Market): $8.49
- #4: Cruel and Unusual: Scarpetta 4 (Kay Scarpetta #4) (Mass Market): $9.49
- #5: The Body Farm: Scarpetta (Book 5) (Paperback): $8.49
- #6: From Potter's Field: Scarpetta (Book 6) (Paperback): $8.49
- #7: Cause of Death: Scarpetta (Book 7) (Paperback): $8.49
- #8: Unnatural Exposure: Scarpetta (Book 8) (Paperback): $8.49
- #9: Point of Origin: Scarpetta (Book 9) (Paperback): $8.49
- #10: Black Notice: Scarpetta (Book 10) (Paperback): $9.49
- #11: The Last Precinct: Scarpetta (Book 11) (Paperback): $8.49
- #12: Blow Fly: Scarpetta (Book 12) (Paperback): $8.49
- #13: Trace: Scarpetta (Book 13) (Paperback): $9.49
- #14: Predator: Scarpetta (Book 14) (Paperback): $9.49
- #16: Scarpetta (Paperback): $8.49
- #17: The Scarpetta Factor (Paperback): $8.49
- #18: Port Mortuary: Scarpetta (Book 18) (Paperback): $8.49
- #19: Red Mist: Scarpetta (Book 19) (Paperback): $8.49
- #20: The Bone Bed (Hardcover): $24.61
- #21: Dust (Scarpetta #21) (Paperback): $8.49
- #22: The Patricia Cornwell CD Audio Treasury Low Price: Contains All That Remains and Cruel and Unusual (Kay Scarpetta Series #22) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.24
- #23: Depraved Heart: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #23) (Hardcover): $27.54
- #24: Chaos: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #24) (Hardcover): $27.54
- #25: Autopsy: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #25) (Hardcover): $24.64
Dr. Kay Scarpetta is starting over with a unique private forensic pathology practice in Charleston, South Carolina. But in this thrilling #1 New York Times bestseller, her fresh start ushers in a string of murders more baffling—and terrifying—than any that have come before...
The Book of the Dead is the morgue log, the ledger in which all cases are entered by hand. For Kay Scarpetta, however, it is about to acquire a new meaning.
A sixteen-year-old tennis star, fresh from a tournament win Charleston, is found nude and mutilated near Piazza Navona in Rome. The body of an abused young boy is dumped in a desolate marsh. A woman is ritualistically murdered in her multimillion-dollar beach home. Meanwhile, in New England, problems with a prominent patient at a Harvard-affiliated psychiatric hospital begin to hint at interconnections among the deaths that are as hard to imagine as they are horrible.
Scarpetta has dealt with many brutal and unusual crimes before, but never has she seen a string of death like what she's facing now. Before she is through, that book of the dead will contain many names—and the pen may be poised to write her own...
About the Author
Patricia Cornwell is considered one of the world's bestselling crime writers. Her intrepid medical examiner Kay Scarpetta first appeared on the scene in 1990 with Postmortem—the only novel to win the Edgar, Creasey, Anthony, and Macavity awards and the French Prix du Roman d'Aventure in a single year—and Cruel and Unusual, which won Britain's prestigious Gold Dagger Award for the best crime novel of 1993. Dr. Kay Scarpetta herself won the 1999 Sherlock Award for the best detective created by an American author. Ms. Cornwell's work is translated into 36 languages across more than 120 countries.
Praise for Book of the Dead
“Cornwell overhauls key elements of this successful series...she has shaken things up a bit and produced one terrific new character.”—The New York Times Book Review
“Ms. Cornwell admits to being proud of Book of the Dead and she should be.”—Midwest Book Review
“Compelling.”—Richmond Times Dispatch
“What a walloping, riveting mix of...adventure and psychology. Author Cornwell certainly is skilled at dissecting the not always attractive innards of human nature.”—Forbes