Forest of Secrets (Hardcover)
List Price: $28.99
Our Price: $24.64
(Save: $4.35 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Ursula Blanchard Mystery series.
- #2: The Doublet Affair (Ursula Blanchard Mysteries #2) (Compact Disc): $28.45
- #3: Queen's Ransom (Ursula Blanchard Mysteries #3) (MP3 CD): $24.95
- #4: To Ruin a Queen: A Mystery at Queen Elizabeth I's Court (Ursula Blanchard Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $28.45
- #9: Queen Without a Crown (Large Print / Hardcover): $28.01
- #11: A Rescue for a Queen (Compact Disc): $50.99
- #16: A Web of Silk (Large Print / Hardcover): $31.41
- #18: Scent of Danger (Hardcover): $24.64
- #20: Shadow of Spain (Hardcover): $24.64
- #21: Golden Cargoes (Hardcover): $25.49
- #22: The Net of Steel (Hardcover): $27.19
Ursula travels deep into the New Forest to investigate rumours of a plot to overthrow Queen Elizabeth in this gripping Tudor mystery. May, 1586. Ursula and her retinue return home from a lengthy trip to discover she has an unexpected visitor. Etheldreda Hope is a simple countrywoman who has come to Ursula with disturbing tales of strange goings-on in her rural village. Fearing that Etheldreda's reports of mysterious forest rites indicate a possible conspiracy to overthrow Queen Elizabeth in favour of her cousin, Mary Stuart, the queen's spymaster, Sir Francis Walsingham, orders Ursula to travel to Etheldreda's home to find out what's really going on. On reaching Chenston village, deep in the New Forest, Ursula discovers an isolated, suspicious community; the locals deeply in thrall to the old pagan traditions and beliefs. But are these ancient customs harmless - or are they part of a genuine conspiracy against the queen? And, if so, who is behind it? It's not until the night of Halloween that Ursula will discover the shocking truth.
About the Author
Fiona Buckley is the author of eighteen previous Ursula Blanchard mysteries, and a historical saga, Late Harvest. Under her real name, Valerie Anand, she is the author of numerous historical novels, including the much-loved Bridges Over Time series. Brought up in London, she now lives in Surrey.