AMNH Pocket Birds of North America Eastern Region (Paperback)
List Price: $14.99
Our Price: $12.74
(Save: $2.25 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
The ultimate pocket-sized guide to more than 300 feathered residents of North America’s Eastern Region.
Whether you are a budding bird-watcher hoping to find species in woodland or someone curious about the feathered visitors in your own backyard, find out everything there is to know about your favorite feathered friends, with this pocket-sized guide to many of the birds found in North America’s Eastern Region.
Compact and easy-to-use, this stunning field guide is perfect for any bird and birding enthusiast, regardless of age or level of experience. High-quality photographs bring the bird species most commonly seen west of the Great Plains to life on the page, capturing their beauty and making identification quick and effortless. Significant differences in plumage variation between juvenile and adult, male and female, and winter and summer are clearly pictured.
Soar into the pages of this beloved book on birds to discover:
- Detailed bird profiles include information on behavior, habits, and flight patterns to ensure accurate identification.
- Covers 370 species commonly seen in the Eestern region of North America.
- Full-color photographs show the adult bird in typical plumage, with male/female, juvenile, and seasonal variations included as appropriate.
- Detailed illustrations show typical plumage and posture in flight.
- Maps accurately locate where the bird can be seen in summer, in winter, all year round, and on migration.
- Includes free access to audio recordings of bird songs and calls to aid identification.
Ideal for the dedicated bird-watcher, this beautiful bird-watching book includes stunning full-color photographs of over birds, revealing each species with unrivaled clarity. The reference pages pack in more data with lists of record breakers and endangered species, as well as many other fun facts.
The Pocket Genius series is perfect for all children, whether they are learning about birds or are amateur bird spotters already! Produced in collaboration with the American Museum of Natural History, Pocket Birds of North America Eastern Region is an essential field guide for identifying birds in North America.
About the Author
American Museum of Natural History
The AMNH is a world leader in scientific research, education, and exhibition, working to explore and interpret all aspects of natural history and human culture.