The Math Adventurers: Measure Up: Discover Height and Length (Hardcover)
List Price: $16.99
Our Price: $14.44
(Save: $2.55 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Join two friendly and funny robots, Beep and Boots, as they learn all about measuring and discover that math is everywhere they look.
Beep and Boots have an exciting, fun-packed day planned at the amusement park. The pals cannot wait to enjoy all the rides together. But when they check their heights, Boots is not tall enough to go on a lot of the rides. And going to an amusement park is no fun if you can’t share it with friends. Will Beep be able to come up with a solution so the pair can go on the really high Star Drop ride? Wheeeeee!
This fun and educational math book for children features:
- A fun and engaging introduction to measurements for children aged 5-7.
- Lively illustrations and rhyming text that brings the characters and math topics to life.
- Key math topics including shapes, time, measurements, division, and fractions – all essential learning for this age group.
- Illustrations that are in a non-gendered color palette, making the traditionally male subject relatable for all genders.
- A relatable storyline for young readers, encouraging them to look for math in their homes and environments, and seeing how, often without even knowing it, they use math everyday.
The characterful illustrations and rhyming text in the pages of this book bring Beep and Boots to life! Children aged 5–7 will love seeing the adventures the robot duo go on and will learn key mathematical concepts about measuring in a gentle, fun way. A series of questions at the end of the book reinforce learning and encourage kids to look at the math they can see in the world around them.
At DK, we believe in the power of discovery.
So why stop there?
The Math Adventurers series uses everyday scenarios to show how math is all around us, making this difficult subject more accessible. If you enjoyed The Math Adventurers: Measure Up, then you’ll love The Math Adventurers: A Day at the Zoo, which introduces children to telling the time!
About the Author
Sital Gorasia Chapman left a career in banking, trained as a yoga instructor, and then started writing. She studied Writing for Children at the City Lit, and her picture book submission was commended at the FAB awards in 2019. Sital was recently commissioned to write a poem for the CBeebies children’s television series Colours, which is available on BBC iPlayer.
Susanna Rumiz is a freelance illustrator based in Italy. She creates illustrations for brands, children's books, magazines, and explainer videos. She considers herself a bit of a color nerd, who is always looking for the perfect color combination, so wherever there are fun characters to draw or color palettes to play with, she’s in! This is Susanna’s first book for DK.