Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Sword of Truth series.
- #2: Stone of Tears: A Sword of Truth Novel (Mass Market): $8.49
- #3: Blood of the Fold (Sword of Truth #3) (Hardcover): $42.49
- #4: Temple of the Winds: Book Four of The Sword of Truth (Mass Market): $8.49
- #5: Soul of the Fire: A Sword of Truth Novel (Mass Market): $8.49
- #6: Faith of the Fallen: A Sword of Truth Novel (Mass Market): $8.49
- #7: The Pillars of Creation: Sword of Truth (Mass Market): $7.64
- #8: Naked Empire: Sword of Truth (Mass Market): $8.49
- #9: Chainfire: Sword of Truth (Mass Market): $8.49
- #10: Phantom: Sword of Truth (Mass Market): $8.49
- #11: Confessor: Sword of Truth (Mass Market): $8.49
- #13: The Third Kingdom (Sword of Truth #13) (Compact Disc): $14.24
- #14: Severed Souls (Sword of Truth #14) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #15: Warheart (Sword of Truth #15) (Compact Disc): $18.99
The masterpiece that started Terry Goodkind's New York Times bestselling epic Sword of Truth
In the aftermath of the brutal murder of his father, a mysterious woman, Kahlan Amnell, appears in Richard Cypher's forest sanctuary seeking help . . . and more. His world, his very beliefs, are shattered when ancient debts come due with thundering violence.
In a dark age it takes courage to live, and more than mere courage to challenge those who hold dominion, Richard and Kahlan must take up that challenge or become the next victims. Beyond awaits a bewitching land where even the best of their hearts could betray them. Yet, Richard fears nothing so much as what secrets his sword might reveal about his own soul. Falling in love would destroy them--for reasons Richard can't imagine and Kahlan dare not say.
In their darkest hour, hunted relentlessly, tormented by treachery and loss, Kahlan calls upon Richard to reach beyond his sword--to invoke within himself something more noble. Neither knows that the rules of battle have just changed . . . or that their time has run out.
Wizard's First Rule is the beginning. One book. One Rule. Witness the birth of a legend.
About the Author
Terry Goodkind (1948-2020) is a #1 New York Times bestselling author. His books include the multi-volume epic fantasy Sword of Truth series -- beginning with Wizard’s First Rule, the basis for the television show Legend of the Seeker -- and related series Richard and Kahlan and The Nicci Chronicles.
Goodkind was born and raised in Omaha, Nebraska, where he also attended art school. Alongside a career in wildlife art, he was also a cabinetmaker and a violin maker, and did restoration work on rare and exotic artifacts from around the world. In the 1990s he relocated to Nevada, where, when not writing novels, he was a racing-car enthusiast.
“This is a phenomenal fantasy, endlessly inventive, that surely marks the commencement of one of the major careers in the genre. It has three things I find rare in combination: an interesting, lucid narrative; almost unremitting development and action; and some genuinely original and thoughtful aspects. Wizard's First Rule may be Terry Goodkind's first novel; his career is nevertheless already impressive.” —Piers Anthony
“A wonderfully creative, seamless, and stirring epic fantasy debut.” —Kirkus Reviews
“Goodkind choreographs and intricate duality in which the dividing line between good and evil is often turned upside down.” —Romantic Times