Fieldwork and Supervision for Behavior Analysts: A Handbook (Paperback)
This long-awaited resource is the first to focus specifically on orienting and guiding trainees in the field of behavior analysis through the practicum and supervised experience. Clear and succinct, it provides comprehensive information on the competencies as required by the Fifth Edition the BACB(R) Task List. Going beyond the basic nuts and bolts of skill and knowledge requirements, the text prepares students for the day-to-day realities of the supervised practicum experience. It describes the process of locating a site, finding and working with supervisors and peers, and adhering to professional and ethical guidelines. Including seasoned advice on concluding the practicum, getting ready for the board exam, and developing a professional portfolio, this unique resource prepares behavior analyst trainees for employment and beyond.
Real-life examples and case scenarios help students gain an in-depth understanding of requisite competencies. Abundant performance monitoring checklists and sample forms--conveniently downloadable--further reinforce knowledge. This book is also a useful resource for practicing behavior analysts guiding trainees under their supervision.
- Delivers concise, structured guidance for students in behavior analysis training programs
- Provides practical tips on giving and receiving feedback as well as time management and communication skills
- Focuses on the development of competencies and encompasses the BACB(R) Task List
- Covers the full range of practicum experience, from orientation to skill development to post-certification employment
- Includes abundant checklists and forms, available for download
- Illustrated with practical examples and case scenarios
- Includes free ebook with purchase of print book