Ada Twist, Scientist (The Questioneers) (Hardcover)
List Price: $19.99
Our Price: $16.99
(Save: $3.00 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Inspired by mathematician Ada Lovelace and physicist Marie Curie, this #1 bestseller from author Andrea Beaty and illustrator David Roberts champions STEM, girl power, and women scientists in a rollicking celebration of curiosity, the power of perseverance, and the importance of asking “Why?”
Now a Netflix series!
#1 New York Times Bestseller
A Wall Street Journal Bestseller
A USA Today Bestseller
Ada Twist’s head is full of questions. Like her classmates Iggy and Rosie (stars of their own New York Times bestselling picture books Iggy Peck, Architect and Rosie Revere, Engineer), Ada has always been endlessly curious. Even when her fact-finding missions and elaborate scientific experiments don’t go as planned, Ada learns the value of thinking through problems and continuing to stay curious.
Ada is an inquisitive second grader who was born to be a scientist. She possesses an unusual desire to question everything she encounters: a tick-tocking clock, a pointy-stemmed rose, the hairs in her dad’s nose, and so much more. Ada’s parents and her teacher, Miss Greer, have their hands full as the Ada’s science experiments wreak day-to-day havoc.
On the first day of spring, Ada notices an unpleasant odor. She sets out to discover what might have caused it. Ada uses the scientific method in developing hypotheses in her smelly pursuit. The little girl demonstrates trial and error, while appreciating her family’s full support. In one experiment, she douses fragrances on her cat and attempts to place the frightened feline in the washing machine.
For any parent who wants STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) to be fun, this book is a source of inspiration that will get children excited about science, school, learning, and the value of asking “Why?”
Check out all the books in the Questioneers Series:
- The Questioneers Picture Book Series: Iggy Peck, Architect | Rosie Revere, Engineer | Ada Twist, Scientist | Sofia Valdez, Future Prez | Aaron Slater, Illustrator | Lila Greer, Teacher of the Year
- The Questioneers Chapter Book Series: Rosie Revere and the Raucous Riveters | Ada Twist and the Perilous Pants | Iggy Peck and the Mysterious Mansion | Sofia Valdez and the Vanishing Vote | Ada Twist and the Disappearing Dogs | Aaron Slater and the Sneaky Snake
- Questioneers: The Why Files Series: Exploring Flight! | All About Plants! | The Science of Baking | Bug Bonanza! | Rockin’ Robots!
- Questioneers: Ada Twist, Scientist Series: Ghost Busted | Show Me the Bunny | Ada Twist, Scientist: Brainstorm Book | 5-Minute Ada Twist, Scientist Stories
- The Questioneers Big Project Book Series: Iggy Peck’s Big Project Book for Amazing Architects | Rosie Revere’s Big Project Book for Bold Engineers | Ada Twist’s Big Project Book for Stellar Scientists | Sofia Valdez’s Big Project Book for Awesome Activists | Aaron Slater’s Big Project Book for Astonishing Artists
About the Author
Andrea Beaty is the author of many beloved children’s books, including the bestselling Questioneers series, I Love You Like Yellow, Happy Birthday, Madame Chapeau, and One Girl. She lives just outside Chicago.
David Roberts has illustrated many children’s books, including the bestselling Questioneers series. He lives in London. Andrea and David are both executive producers of the Emmy Award–winning show Ada Twist, Scientist on Netflix.
"Beaty delightfully advocates for girls in science in her now-trademark crisply rhyming text."—Kirkus
"Use this book to jumpstart conversations about scientists, girl scientists, gender roles, forming hypotheses, giftedness and childhood genius, and individual creativity. Or just use it for laughs on a lazy school day afternoon."—NY Journal of Books
"A winner for storytime reading and for young children interested in STEM activities."—School Library Journal
"Young Ada Twist and her nonstop intellect might just encourage readers to blaze trails of their own."—Booklist Online