Branding as Communication (Visual Communication #5) (Hardcover)
This item is backordered and not currently available. Please contact us for an estimated availability date.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Visual Communication series.
- #2: An Introduction to Visual Communication: From Cave Art to Second Life (Hardcover): $221.52
- #4: Visualizing Culture: Analyzing the Cultural Aesthetics of the Web (Visual Communication #4) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #6: Communicating the Environment Beyond Photography (Visual Communication #6) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #7: An Introduction to Visual Communication: From Cave Art to Second Life (2nd Edition) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: Men and Menstruation; A Social Transaction (Visual Communication #8) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #9: Transmission and Transgression: The History of Rock 'n' Roll on Television (Visual Communication #9) (Hardcover): $164.94
Once only a sign, technologies have helped to transform brands into symbols that we constantly encounter in our natural and mediated environments. Moreover, the branding of culture marks a commercialization of society. Almost everywhere we look, a brand name or logo appears.
By combining a scholarly approach with case studies and examples, this text bridges the worlds of communication and business by providing a single vocabulary in which to discuss branding. It brings these ideas together into a coherent framework to enable discussions on the topic to occur in a variety of disciplines. A number of perspectives are also provided, including brands as signs and symbols, brand personality, history, communication, cognitive factors, loyalty, personal branding, community, and social issues.
Providing a comprehensive overview of the branding process - from the creation of brands to analysis of their messages - readers will begin to understand the communicative impact of branding.
About the Author
Susan B. Barnes (Ph.D., NYU) is a communication professor. She has taught at the Rochester Institute of Technology, Fordham University, and Jamestown Community College. She is the author of eight books including: An Introduction to Visual Communication: From Cave Art to Second Life (Peter Lang, 2011) and Social Networks: From Text to Video (Peter Lang, 2013). Prior to joining academia, Susan was a professional graphic designer. Currently, she runs an art gallery in Cassadaga, New York, where she teaches classes.