Welcoming Words: A Sesame Street (R) Language Guide for Making Friends (Paperback)
Become a smarter, stronger, and kinder friend with Sesame Street
Big Bird, Elmo, and their international friends help kids learn how to welcome others in Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Hebrew, and Mandarin Chinese.
- Beginning with an explanation of how to read Arabic from right to left, readers explore words such as Hello (Mar-HAB-aan) and Please (Ra-ja). Arabic script is shown along with phonetic pronunciation.
- Discover French words from pets to family members so you can learn to be meilleurs amis (best friends).
- Lass uns spielen Let's play - with friends who speak German. Words for everyday things like toys and numbers help us become freunds (friends).
- Readers are first introduced to how to read Hebrew from right to left, then to words like friendship (kha-ve-RUT) and thank you (to-DA). Hebrew text is shown along with phonetic pronunciation.
- After a brief overview of pinyin and rising and falling pitch, readers learn words and phrases like Will you be my friend? and You are welcome. Chinese characters are shown along with a pinyin pronunciation guide.
- Hola y bienvenido Readers learn welcoming words, including colors and emotions, so they can make friends who speak Spanish.