The Civil War for Kids: A History with 21 Activities (For Kids series #14) (Paperback)
List Price: $16.95
Our Price: $16.10
(Save: $0.85 5%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the For Kids series series.
- #8: Marco Polo for Kids: His Marvelous Journey to China, 21 Activities (For Kids series #8) (Paperback): $15.26
- #9: Lewis and Clark for Kids: Their Journey of Discovery with 21 Activities (For Kids series #9) (Paperback): $16.10
- #10: Leonardo da Vinci for Kids: His Life and Ideas, 21 Activities (For Kids series #10) (Paperback): $15.26
- #11: The American Revolution for Kids: A History with 21 Activities (For Kids series #11) (Paperback): $16.10
- #23: Abraham Lincoln for Kids: His Life and Times with 21 Activities (For Kids series #23) (Paperback): $16.10
History explodes in this activity guide spanning the turmoil preceding secession, the first shots fired at Fort Sumter, the fierce battles on land and sea, and finally the Confederate surrender at Appomattox. Making butternut dye for a Rebel uniform, learning drills and signals with flags, decoding wigwag, baking hardtack, reenacting battles, and making a medicine kit bring this pivotal period in our nation’s history to life. Fascinating sidebars tell of slaves escaping on the Underground Railroad, the adventures of nine-year-old drummer boy Johnny Clem, animal mascots who traveled with the troops, and friendships between enemies. The resource section includes short biographies of important figures from both sides of the war, listings of Civil War sites across the country, pertinent websites, glossary, and an index.
About the Author
Janis Herbert is the author of The American Revolution for Kids, Leonardo da Vinci for Kids, Lewis and Clark for Kids, and Marco Polo for Kids.
"Offers students a crash course on a subject that has spawned countless books and movies, and it's fun as well as informative." —KLIATT