The Joy of Keeping a Root Cellar: Canning, Freezing, Drying, Smoking and Preserving the Harvest (Paperback)
List Price: $14.95
Our Price: $14.20
(Save: $0.75 5%)
The winning team behind The Joy of Keeping Chickens returns, this time with a complete guide to building and maintaining a root cellareven if it’s just a dark and cool closet. This cheap, easy, energy-saving way will keep the harvest fresh all year long. Here, readers will learn:
- Which fruits and vegetables store best
- How to build a root cellar in the country, suburbs, or city
- How to deal with specific environmental challenges
- Storage techniques ranging from canning to pickling and smoking to drying
- Recipes for everything from tomato sauce to venison jerky
About the Author
Jennifer Megyesi lives with her son, five cats, and a goofy Labrador retriever on Fat Rooster Farm in Royalton, Vermont.
Geoff Hansen is a photographer and editor at the Valley News in Lebanon, New Hampshire. He has published in Newsweek, USA Today, and The New York Times. He lives in Tunbridge, Vermont, with his wife, daughter, and two beagles.