Making Dogs Happy: A Guide to How They Think, What They Do (and Don’t) Want, and Getting to “Good Dog!” Behavior (Paperback)
List Price: $16.95
Our Price: $16.10
(Save: $0.85 5%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Your dog is trying to tell you something—are you listening?
“Why does my dog do that?” It’s a question every dog owner has asked—whether their best friend is growling at an unseen foe, or rolling in an objectionable scent. Now, world-leading canine experts and fellow dog-lovers Melissa Starling and Paul McGreevy are here with all the answers:
- How dogs use body language to communicate (with both people and other dogs)
- What motivates dogs (and what doesn’t)
- Rules for canine contentment (for example, most dogs don’t enjoy hugging)
- Subtle signs of discomfort, stress, and fear (like lip licking)
- And even how to choose the furry companion that’s right for you.
About the Author
Dr. Melissa Starling holds a PhD in dog behavior, personality, emotions, and cognition. The self-styled Creature Teacher, Melissa works as a dog trainer and behaviorist in Sydney.
Professor Paul McGreevy is one of only three veterinarians recognized worldwide by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons as specialist in veterinary behavioral medicine. He is an animal behavior and welfare expert at Sydney University’s Faculty of Veterinary Science.