Pasta for All Seasons: Dishes that Celebrate the Flavors of Italy and the Bounty of the Pacific Northwest (Hardcover)
List Price: $22.95
Our Price: $19.51
(Save: $3.44 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Authentic Italian flavors and cooking techniques join forces with seasonal, regional ingredients for a delicious and deceptively simple collection of 50 pasta dishes for vegetarians, meat-lovers, and pescatarians alike.
Fresh ingredients, fresh pasta, innovative dishes. What’s not to like? Rising Seattle chef Michela Tartaglia has developed 50 seasonal recipes that showcase the best of Northwest seafood, produce, and meat in creative, deeply satisfying pasta dishes.
Using favorite ingredients such as salmon and clams and foodie favorites like nettles and chanterelles, this book offers home cooks dishes that are as comforting as a favorite spaghetti or fettucine dish but as bold and exciting as a hot new restaurant entrée. In addition, a pasta primer helps home cooks make fresh pasta at home and choose the right pasta shape for the right sauce or dish.
• Conchiglie Rigate with Pacific Northwest Wild Fiddlehead Fern, Leek, and Walnut Pesto, Fiore Sardo, and Aleppo Pepper
• Orecchiette with Pacific Northwest Spot Prawns, Purple Asparagus, and Lemon
• Pipe with Pacific Northwest Morels, Pancetta, Walnuts, Ricotta, and Saffron
• Bucatini all'Amatriciana with Billy's Heirloom Tomatoes
• Creste di Gallo with Eggplant, ’Nduja, Supersweet Tomatoes, and Ricotta Salata
• Pappardelle with Golden Chanterelles, Sausage, and Thyme
• Spaghettoni with Red Beet Pesto, Burrata, Basil, and Calabrian Chili Oil
• Rigatoni with Pacific Northwest Elk Ragú, Juniper Berries, and Bay Leaves
• Casarecce with Pacific Northwest Manila Clams, Chickpeas, and Cherry Tomatoes
• Lasagna Casalinga: Lasagna from the Forest
This collection of creative yet accessible recipes will up your pasta game all year long. Buon appetito!
About the Author
Michela Tartaglia is an Italian native, born in the province of Turin, Piedmont. She moved to Seattle in 2006 after completing her master's degree in philosophy at Alma Mater Studiorum–Univeristy of Bologna, and has since made Seattle her adopted city. Her passion for linguistics and languages is captured in her first book, Una Mela al Giorno, published in Italy by Nomos Edizioni. She is a chef by heart more than by trade. She cofounded Pasta Casalinga, an intimate lunch spot in the heart of Pike Place Market. Since its opening in 2018, it's become a destination for locals and visitors alike.
“I love pasta! I love Michela making me pasta even more. Lucky for us, in this beautiful book she shares delicious and approachable recipes celebrating the seasons, pasta, and the Pacific Northwest!”
—Renee Erickson, James Beard Award–winning chef, restaurateur, and author
“Fine, go have a bowl of pasta if that’s all you want. You can get that anywhere. If you would prefer a bowl of passion, a bowl of desire, a bowl of uncontainable deliciousness, you might need a wee bit of guidance. Michela will drag you by your taste buds down a path of authenticity with a smidge of ‘we got this’ and a huge dollop of ‘where has this book been all my life?’! Your pasta repertoire will never be the same. Own it!”
—Tom Douglas, James Beard Award-winning chef, restaurateur, and author
" . . . beautiful new cookbook from Seattle’s Michela Tartaglia, Pasta for All Seasons. Give it to yourself, then bring a friend to lunch at Tartaglia’s lovely Pasta Casalinga in Pike Place Market and give them a copy, too."