Breaking in the News (Paperback)
What if, one morning, you opened your email to a request from an editor at Forbes and they wanted to interview you about your company?
What if a podcast that has millions of subscribers wanted to have you on to tell your story?
It all could happen because you took a few hours to find the contacts, craft a pitch, and reach out to the media.
You don't need to pay thousands of dollars a year to a public relations agency.
Getting press coverage can be done yourself; you just need to know what it takes to be newsworthy.
In this book, you will learn:
- How the media works
- What journalists are looking for
- How to get featured in magazines and podcasts
- What it takes to get national media exposure
- What are the best ways to prepare for your media interview
- How to establish relationships with journalists
- You will hear from experts in the news industry, publicists, and business owners who have used public relations to build their personal brands and companies.
- You will get inside knowledge from local and national newsrooms on how to craft the perfect pitch.
This book breaks down how to get the media's attention when they are receiving hundreds of pitches a day, and once you get the call to be interviewed, you will learn how to prepare for your interview, what to wear, and how to look like a pro on television.
Public relations is all about storytelling, and you have a great story to tell.
You may not know what it is yet, but that's what this book will help you figure out.
In fact, it's going to help you come up with multiple stories.