Scent of Danger (Hardcover)
List Price: $28.99
Our Price: $24.64
(Save: $4.35 15%)
Warehouse, In Stock | Usually Ships in 1-5 Days | New
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the Ursula Blanchard Mystery series.
- #2: The Doublet Affair (Ursula Blanchard Mysteries #2) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #3: Queen's Ransom (Ursula Blanchard Mysteries #3) (MP3 CD): $24.95
- #4: To Ruin a Queen: A Mystery at Queen Elizabeth I's Court (Ursula Blanchard Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #9: Queen Without a Crown (Large Print / Hardcover): $28.01
- #11: A Rescue for a Queen (Compact Disc): $50.99
- #16: A Web of Silk (Large Print / Hardcover): $31.41
- #19: Forest of Secrets (Hardcover): $24.64
- #20: Shadow of Spain (Hardcover): $24.64
- #21: Golden Cargoes (Hardcover): $25.49
- #22: The Net of Steel (Hardcover): $27.19
Ursula's visit to her Devon relatives leads to murder, mayhem and a possible plot to free Mary, Queen of Scots in the latest Ursula Blanchard Tudor mystery. February, 1586. When the queen's spymaster, Sir Francis Walsingham, learns that Ursula is to visit her relatives in Devon, he asks her to find out what has happened to two of his local agents, who have been strangely silent recently. On arrival in the small Devon village of Zeal Aquatico, Ursula discovers that both spies in question have met with mysterious - and fatal - accidents. Or is there more to it than that? What did the two spies find out that got them killed? Is there any truth to the rumours that King Philip of Spain, in league with the queen's cousin, Mary Stuart, intends to launch an invasion from the south coast? As Ursula pursues her investigations, it becomes clear that someone in Zeal Aquatico is determined to stop her finding out the truth ... whatever it takes.
About the Author
Fiona Buckley is the author of seventeen previous Ursula Blanchard mysteries, and a historical saga, Late Harvest. Under her real name, Valerie Anand, she is the author of numerous historical novels, including the much-loved bridges Over Time series. Brought up in London, she now lives in Surrey.