The Food of the Gods (Classics Illustrated #58) (Paperback)
List Price: $9.95
Our Price: $9.45
(Save: $0.50 5%)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 58 in the Classics Illustrated series.
- #1: The War of the Worlds (Classics Illustrated #1) (Paperback): $9.45
- #8: The Time Machine (Hardcover): $12.30
- #14: The Time Machine (Classics Illustrated #14) (Paperback): $9.45
- #18: The Invisible Man (Classics Illustrated #18) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #41: The First Men in the Moon (Classics Illustrated #41) (Paperback): $9.45
A scientist discovers a new substance which makes animals grow to several times their normal size, but soon the substance enters the food chain and the giant animals run amuck Classics Illustrated tells this wonderful tale in colorful comic strip form, offering an excellent introduction for younger readers. This edition also includes a biography of H. G. Wells, theme discussions and study questions, which can be used both in the classroom or at home to further engage the reader in the story. The Classics Illustrated comic book series began life in 1941 with its first issue, Alexandre Dumas' "The Three Musketeers," and has since included over 200 classic tales released around the world. This new edition is specifically tailored to engage and educate young readers with some of the greatest works ever written, while still thrilling older readers who have loving memories of this series of old. Each book contains dedicated theme discussions and study questions to further develop the reader's understanding and enjoyment of the work at hand.