Founder's Pocket Guide: Convertible Debt (Paperback)
This easy to follow guide helps startup founders understand the key moving parts of the convertible debt funding structure, and serves as an easy reference for the most common terms and calculations related to convertible debt.
In detail, this Founder's Pocket Guide helps startup founders learn:
- What convertible debt is and how it can be an important fundraising structure.
- Key terms and definitions associated with convertible debt, such as conversion triggers, valuation caps, and conversion discounts.
- Key advantages and disadvantages of using convertible debt as a funding structure.
- How investors view the convertible debt, and what their expectations are for early-stage investment deals.
- Simple math for calculating the impact of conversion discount rates and resulting equity ownership on conversion.
- Example convertible debt deals illustrating how convertible debt benefits both founders and investors alike.