The Complete Guide to German Shorthaired Pointers: History, Behavior, Training, Fieldwork, Traveling, and Health Care for Your New GSP Puppy (Paperback)
This item is backordered and not currently available. Please contact us for an estimated availability date.
A revolutionary new look into everything "GSP"; a MUST-READ that includes practical tips, tricks, and insights to help a new (or seasoned) German Shorthaired Pointer owner.Using input and contributions from dozens of German Shorthaired Pointer owners, author Dr. Joanna de Klerk (former star of the hit BBC show "Young Vets") has created an in-depth look at what it REALLY takes to successfully live with, raise, and train a German Shorthaired Pointer. Covering all the GSP-specific topics you NEED TO KNOW, such as:
- The unique characteristics and quirks of the German Shorthaired Pointer breed
- Early training (including housebreaking) strategies for German Shorthaired Pointers
- Choosing the proper supplies and food for a GSP puppy
- Helpful strategies for socializing a German Shorthaired Pointer with other dogs
- Health care advice for each stage of your German Shorthaired Pointers life
- Grooming tips that a GSP owner needs to know
The German Shorthaired Pointer, or GSP, is an exceptionally versatile hunting dog that was developed in Germany in the 19th century. These dogs are extraordinarily active and outgoing, and without enough vigorous exercise and regular training sessions, their delightful energy can develop into destructive hyperactivity. This book will provide you with all the tools you need to keep your German Shorthaired Pointer entertained and engaged from his first days at home until his final years. Packed with essential knowledge about the GSP, this guidebook will answer all of your most pressing questions, including:
If you are considering bringing a German Shorthaired Pointer into your home (or already have ) then you need to read this book as soon as possible
- Is a German Shorthaired Pointer the right breed for me?
- How do I choose the perfect canine companion for my household?
- Which training methods are most effective for GSPs?
- How do I avoid or extinguish common problem behaviors?
The Complete Guide to German Shorthaired Pointers is an all-encompassing manual to your affectionate and eccentric canine companion. Veterinarian Dr. Jo de Klerk thoroughly covers all aspects of these well-rounded hunting hounds, including their history, temperament, and health. Pet parents who choose to share their life with an enthusiastic German Shorthaired Pointer will treasure the indispensable information found in these pages about the history, temperament, and health of their precious pooch. Find out everything you need to know about these captivating canines and explore wide-ranging subjects, including:
- The history of the German Shorthaired Pointer
- Common behavior problems for German Shorthaired Pointers
- How to select the right GSP pup or rescue dog for you
- Preparing your home for a lively hunting dog
- How to introduce your GSP to children and other animals
- Step-by-step guidance for basic training commands
- Training your German Shorthaired Pointer for fieldwork
- Traveling with your German Shorthaired Pointer
- Nutrition, diet, and your GSP
- German Shorthaired Pointer-specific health and wellness information
- Caring for the aging German Shorthaired Pointer
Whether you are looking for a skilled hunting dog or a demonstrative companion animal, the German Shorthaired Pointer is likely to perform admirably. This comprehensive guidebook provides all the tips and techniques needed to ensure that your playful GSP pup gets all the mental stimulation, physical exercise, and attention he needs to grow into a confident and well-behaved adult.
This thorough guidebook is an essential piece of literature for anyone who loves German Shorthaired Pointers.